This Policy may be subject to change and it is important to revisit it regularly. Any amendments, modifications, or changes made to this Policy will be posted on our website and will take effect immediately upon posting. By continuing to use our website after the posting of changes, it is understood that you accept these changes. If you do not agree with the terms outlined in this Policy, it is recommended that you do not use our website or provide any personal information to us. The terms used in this Policy have the same meaning as outlined in our Terms of Service, which can be accessed at https://www.copyninjas.io/terms-and-conditions.
Please note that this Policy only applies to access and use of our services and website. Our website is not intended for and is not directed towards persons under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect or use personal information from individuals we suspect to be under the age of 18.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The type of personal information and other data we collect is dependent on the specific interaction and use of our services. Generally, we gather personal data, such as your name, contact information, usage data, phone numbers, and device identifiers, as well as other data. This information may be necessary to provide requested information, products or services to you or to fulfill legal obligations. This information is referred to as “Personal Data.” In order to fulfill requests for information, products, or services, including access to this website, it may be necessary for us to gather and handle Personal Data. Additionally, there may be legal obligations that require us to collect and process this information.
- Creating an Account: To access certain features of this website, registration may be required. During the registration process, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and any company affiliation you may have. This information will be saved on the website and can be accessed by anyone who has your username and password. To protect your account, please keep your login credentials confidential and do not share them with others.
- Voluntary Submission: We may gather Personal Data that you willingly provide to us, such as through emails sent to this website, online forms, order and registration forms, surveys, promotional activities, phone conversations with customer service representatives, and other forms of communication.
- “Log Data: We may collect log data such as network and connection information (including information about internet service providers and IP addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device type, application or browser type and version, plugin type and version, operating system, user agent, language, and time zone settings), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers, and similar data.
- “Usage Information: We may collect usage metrics such as usage rates, technical error occurrences, diagnostic reports, settings preferences, and backup information, content interactions (such as searches, views, downloads, and prints), and user journey history (including clickstreams, page navigation, URLs, timestamps, viewed content, page response times, and page interactions).
- “Other Sources: We may gather information through other means including from selected third-party business partners who work with us in relation to our services, and that we may use to deliver certain content, products, or services or to enhance your experience. We may also acquire certain lists containing the names and contact information of individuals who may be interested in our services from third parties from time to time.
We request that you refrain from sharing or sending any sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political views, religion, health information, biometrics, genetic characteristics, criminal background or union membership) through this website or to us through any other means.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The main objective of gathering, utilizing, and sharing your information is to improve and enhance our services. With this in mind, we will only use personal data for valid business reasons, which include:
Fulfillment of Requests: We may use your personal data about you (a) deliver products and services to you (b) provide information about products and services you have ordered (c) conduct internal research and development (d) maintain and operate this website and correct technical issues (e) detect and prevent fraud and abuse to ensure the security and protection of all customers and others, such as to verify the existence or condition of your account (f)
comply with legal requirements, including responding to court orders or government requests
(g) facilitate the sale, merger, acquisition, or other disposition of our assets or business (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). We will use your data to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with legal obligations.
- Other Communications: We may use your personal data to inform you about products, programs, services, and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. If you or your employer is one of our customers, we may also use personal data you or your employer provided to inform you of such offerings. If you do not wish to receive electronic marketing messages, please refer to the opt-out section.
- Promotions: We may run sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions, and may ask for certain personal data when you enter or win a promotion. You should review the rules of each promotion, as they may contain additional information about our use of your personal data. To the extent that the terms of the promotion’s rules conflict with this policy, the promotion’s rules will govern. We use this information to operate the promotions.
- Other Business Purposes: We may use your personal data for other business purposes, such as data analysis (for example, to improve the efficiency of our Site and Services), editorial and feedback purposes, providing customer support, customizing and improving the content and layout of this Site, completing business transactions (for example, to confirm content requested is received by users), development of marketing and promotion plans and materials, statistical analysis of user behavior (for example, to understand what parts of this Site are of most interest to users), product development, market research, administering individual accounts, and meeting government regulatory requirements such as sales tax collection, audits, etc. We may also use personal data of journalist/media contacts for press release distribution or sharing other newsworthy developments related to our business activities. We use this data to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with legal obligations, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
We may disclose Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may provide Personal Data to third-party service providers, who provide services to us, including but not limited to, data analysis, order fulfillment, payment processing, and other services.
- Affiliate Communications. We may transfer Personal Data among our affiliates to allow our affiliates to contact you regarding products, programs, Services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you, and such affiliates may otherwise use your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy. If you would prefer not to receive marketing communications from us or our affiliates, please see the “opt-out” section below. We will be the party responsible for jointly-used Personal Data.
- Strategic Partners and Co-Branded Sites. From time to time, we may enter into a special relationship with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with us to provide or promote joint products, services, applications, or features (together, “Jointly Offered Items”). These special relationships may include co-branded web sites (“co-branded pages”). Any information, including Personal Data that you provide in connection with one of these Jointly Offered Items, and/or on one of these co-branded pages will be shared with our third-party partners. You should check these third parties’ web sites for information regarding their privacy practices. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY OR INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES. If you do not want Personal Data about you shared with such third parties, please do not provide Personal Data in connection with the Jointly Offered Items and/or co-branded pages.
- Third-Party Data Providers. If you subscribe to one of our products or Services that contains third-party data, we may be required to provide your Personal Data to the third party as part of our reporting obligations. We will only do so if a third-party data provider conditions your receipt of their data on knowing your identity.
- Conferences and Events. When you attend a conference or event organized by us, your name and contact information may be shared with other attendees.
- Promotions. We may share the Personal Data you provide in connection with Promotions with third-party sponsors of such Promotions (irrespective of whether such Promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to those Promotions.
- Assignment. We may disclose or transfer any and all Personal Data that we collect to an affiliated entity or a third party (and their respective advisors) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER DATA
Our service providers and we may also collect and use different types of data, referred to in this Policy as “Other Data”, such as:
- Monitoring Data. We may gather and track other information like demographic details, domain names, computer type, browser types, screen resolution, and other statistical data related to the use of this Site. This data, referred to as “Monitoring Data” is used to understand who uses the site and how it can be improved and marketed. Unless this data is combined with Personal Data, it does not identify you or any other user, and can be used for any purpose.
- Aggregated Data. We may combine Personal Data in a way that the final result does not identify you or any other user of this Site, for example, by using information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information can also be used for any purpose.
- Necessary Cookies: These are essential for our Services to operate properly, such as cookies that allow users to log in and perform account-related tasks or save items in virtual shopping carts.
- Performance Cookies: These collect information on how users interact with our Services, such as which pages are visited most often and other analytical data. This information is used to improve our Services and understand user behavior.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to store user preferences, such as account name and language.
- Security Cookies: These are used to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
- Advertising Cookies: These are used to display relevant advertising to users and to track the effectiveness of ads served on our Services. They may also be used to build user profiles and show ads based on previous actions or viewed items.
- Third-Party/Embedded Content Cookies: Our Services may incorporate third-party applications and services to enhance the user experience. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties and used to track online activity. We do not have direct control over the information collected by these cookies.
- IP Addresses. When you visit and interact with our website, we and our third-party service providers may collect IP addresses. These addresses are assigned to your device by your internet service provider and are logged in our server files. We use IP addresses to understand how our website is used, to improve its functionality, and to enhance the user experience. Additionally, we may use IP addresses to diagnose server issues and to administer our website. We may also use IP addresses to determine a user’s approximate location.
We may use third-party advertising companies to display ads for products and Services that may be of interest to you when you access and use this Site, our apps, and other websites or online services. These ads will be based on information related to your usage of this Site and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as information obtained from other sources. To achieve this, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser using techniques such as pixel tags. They may also use these technologies and the information they collect about your online activity to recognize you across various devices, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
We may retain your Personal Data in compliance with existing laws, regulations, and policies. We take reasonable steps to protect the security of your Personal Data, such as storing it on our secure server and implementing security measures to prevent unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your information and are not responsible for any breaches or actions of third parties who may gain unauthorized access. If you suspect your account security has been compromised, please notify us immediately via email at [email protected]
We will only use the Personal Data in ways that align with the reasons for which it was collected, and in accordance with this Policy or your explicit authorization. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that the Personal Data is relevant to its intended use, and that it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date (as provided by you). It is essential that you inform us of any necessary updates or corrections to your Personal Data.
WE WILL KEEP PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU FOR AS LONG AS NECESSARY OR PERMITTED ACCORDING TO THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS OBTAINED, AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH RELEVANT LAWS. FACTORS THAT DETERMINE OUR RETENTION PERIODS INCLUDE: THE DURATION OF OUR ONGOING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU, ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS THAT WE ARE SUBJECT TO, AND WHETHER IT IS ADVISABLE TO RETAIN THE DATA IN RELATION TO OUR LEGAL POSITION, SUCH AS STATUTES OF LIMITATIONS, LITIGATION OR REGULATORY INVESTIGATIONS.
BY VISITING OUR SITE, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE BY US OF PERSONAL DATA ACCORDING TO THIS POLICY.
We will make every effort to comply with your request in a timely manner. Please note that if you choose to stop sharing your Personal Data with our affiliates or unaffiliated third parties, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data from the databases of these entities that we have already shared your information with, as of the date that we receive your request. Additionally, please be aware that choosing not to receive marketing-related messages from us may result in not receiving any marketing emails from us. However, we will continue to send important administrative messages, which you cannot opt out of unless you choose to stop receiving Services from us.
CORRECT; UPDATE; ACCESSIBILITY; CONFLICTS
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or limit our use of your Personal Data that has been previously provided to us, you may make a request by sending an email to [email protected] We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable laws. For security purposes, we may only implement requests for the Personal Data associated with the specific email address used to send the request, and we may need to verify your identity before making changes. We will make every effort to comply with your request in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable laws. However, please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete any transactions that you began before making the request. Additionally, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and records that will not be removed.
The usage of this website is subject to the laws of the United States and the state of California. If you are accessing our site or services from a location outside of the United States with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, you acknowledge that by accessing our site, you are transferring your personal data and other information to the United States and consent to the application of United States and California laws regarding the use of our site and services and any disputes related to them. Additionally, you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and proper venue of state and federal courts located in Maricopa County, California. However, if such courts are found to not have exclusive jurisdiction, any disputes arising from or related to this site or policy will be settled by binding arbitration in San Diego, California in accordance with the International Arbitration Rules established by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
In the event that any provision of this policy is deemed illegal, unenforceable or in violation of any applicable law by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will still remain in full effect.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
At this moment, we do not currently have a response system in place for Do Not Track signals. Some third-party websites may track your actions as you browse and access content. Some browsers offer a DNT option that sends a signal to third parties indicating that you do not wish to be tracked.
As the Data Controller of your Personal Data, you have the power to determine the purpose and manner in which your Personal Data is processed. We act as a processor on your behalf in regards to any Personal Data that is subject to European Union’s Directive 95/46/EC. To improve our services, we may enlist the help of third-party service providers to assist with data processing.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any location where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. This includes countries outside of your residence, which may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your country. By providing us with your Personal Data, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of this information in these locations. It’s possible that government authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in these other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Data. Keep in mind that we may use third-party service providers to process your data more effectively.
If you have any inquiries or concerns regarding this Policy or the practices of this Site, please do not hesitate to contact us through email at [email protected]